We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
As a seasoned groomer, Susan takes great pride in her work. She uses her skills and experience to deliver the best possible service to her four-legged clients and their families. As a passionate dog advocate, Susan is a foster for two different rescue organizations across Ontario. She is also a driver for Freedom Drivers rescue transport. Grooming services are available Monday through Friday by appointment. She also has extensive knowledge in training and behaviour. She holds certification as a science-based Animal Behaviour Apprentice from the Dogue Shop in Montreal.
Every dog is different when it comes to nail growth. If your dog walks on the sidewalk or cement, it can help keep the nails from growing too long by working as a natural nail file. For many dogs, trimming every six weeks is sufficient. The more often the nails are trimmed, the shorter the quicks will be kept, making trimming easier and more comfortable for your pet.
What is the cost of grooming small, medium and large dogs?
Grooming prices are determined by time and coat condition. For an accurate quote, we recommend you book a time with Susan and she would be happy to give you an estimate prior to an appointment.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-544-7387. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Barriefield Animal Hospital