We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
We all know how hard it is to leave our furry friends for a few hours, let alone an extended time. When you need to be away, who can you trust to look after your pet? At the Barriefield Animal Hospital, we give your pets some loving when you can’t.
Doggie daycare is a great opportunity for your furry friend to make some new friends. Dropping them off at Barriefield Animal Hospital in the morning, they are always so excited. They know all of our veterinary staff, with whom they get to spend so much quality time. Some might say the dogs have their favourites, but shhh… we won’t tell the staff that!
Days spent at doggy daycare are filled with activities and non-stop fun! Most of the day is spent outside making new friends and playing in the yards. They even have some jungle gym apparatuses to climb on and play with. If the weather gets too hot or the rain starts pouring down, everybody gets rushed inside. Some opt for some quiet time to take a nap so they can rebuild their energy for the afternoon. Playing all day is hard work! The rest get to spend some time in the indoor playpen where I’m sure they have a “who can bark the loudest” contest. By the end of the day, these pups are more than ready to go home and are EXHAUSTED! Time to rest and recharge for another fun-filled day at doggy daycare.
When you need to be away, rest assured that your companions are well cared for when staying at the Barriefield Animal Hospital. Our veterinary staff get to know your pets and all their quirky personalities. From dancing for their dinner to giving a goodnight kiss, they all have their unique ways of bringing a smile to our faces. Just like daycare, they also get lots of time outdoors, playing with friends.
Dinner time is the best time of the day! Sending pre-portioned meals to help speed up the feeding process and ensure that they are getting the right amount of food. Homesickness is as real for pets as it is for people. When sending your pet to their sleepover, it’s a good idea to send blankets or even their favourite toys from home but make sure keep it simple and don’t send too many. This way, your beloved pet can smell the familiar smell of home and feel more comfortable during their stay. Our staff love to spend time with everyone that stays with us. We are always sad to say goodbye, but we love to see how happy they know you are waiting for them on the other side of that door.
If you have any questions, please give us a call at 613.544.7387.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
The following changes are effective as of Monday, March 23, 2020:
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-544-7387. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We are continuing to accept appointments for urgent or sick pets, as well as time-sensitive puppy/kitten vaccinations. All other services will be scheduled for a later time.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
6. Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
7. Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Barriefield Animal Hospital