We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Welcome to Barriefield Animal Hospital in Kingston, Ontario
Barriefield Animal Hospital was founded in 1995 and was originally in the Rideau Town Centre. In 2007, in order to accommodate a growing client base, our 5000 sq. ft. facility was built on Innovation Drive, in the St. Lawrence Business Park. Today, we are a full-service veterinary hospital dedicated to providing you and your pet with comprehensive and individualized animal care.
We have two full-time veterinarians, Dr. Cameron Morrison, Dr. Megan Edwards and three registered veterinarian technicians (RVTs). We are a clinic with a progressive mindset, and recognize the importance of staying up to date with the changing field of veterinary medicine. We are always striving towards new learning and technology. Most recently, we have purchased new diagnostic tools to serve our patients: digital x-ray (2015), IDEXX laboratory equipment (2013), digital dental x-ray (2012).
Barriefield Animal Hospital is a Cat Friendly Practice accredited at the Gold level. We offer a full range of boarding facilities for both dogs and cats with separate areas in the hospital to ensure a restful stay. While boarding, dogs can enjoy time to play outdoors and socialize, or rest comfortably on the heated floors when the weather is cold. To help ensure your cat’s boarding experience is as stress-free as possible, we have “cat condos” and use calming pheromone devices.
We also offer professional grooming services by Sue Meier. Please call 613-544-PETS (7387) for more information.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-544-7387. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Barriefield Animal Hospital