We remain open to provide care for your pets. We are following the direction of government and regulatory authorities and have implemented hospital and visit protocols to keep both you and our team safe. For regular updates on our hours and visit protocols, please follow our social media platforms.
Why not leave them in the care of qualified professionals and give yourself peace of mind?
Why should I board my dog at Barriefield Animal Hospital?
We have a great boarding staff, who have the support of our registered technicians and licensed veterinarians. Boarding can be stressful for an owner and a pet, especially if the pet senses anxiety from their loved ones. We can make this process less stressful for everyone. Our team monitors your pets very closely throughout their stay. Anything concerning that arises while your pet is boarding is brought to the veterinarian’s attention, and we will then contact you if necessary. This is especially important for pets with chronic medical conditions requiring monitoring or medication.
What are the admission requirements?
All pets must be up to date on vaccines at least 10 days prior to boarding at our facility. If you are a non-client boarding with us, we require a signed vaccine certificate from your veterinarian before we make a reservation. If you are a regular client, we will double check your pet’s vaccine status before we book your reservation. Dogs are required to have Distemper/Hepatitis/Parainfluenza/Parvovirus (DHPP), Rabies and Bordetella vaccinations. All dogs are required to be on intestinal parasite prevention and veterinary approved prescription flea/tick medication starting a minimum of 14 days prior to admission. A negative fecal test within the last 12 months. Should you have any questions regarding these policies please contact the office directly.
What is the cost of dog boarding?
Prices vary based on kennel size. We offer discounted rates for two or more pets staying in the same kennel. We provide medium (3×4 foot), large (4×6 foot) and extra large (5×11 foot) kennels. Our medium kennels have the extra comfort of heated flooring. All of our kennels are in a single row, so no animal is facing another, and there is no height restriction. You are welcome to bring your dog’s bed and toys or other comforts of home. We will also provide warm blankets and stainless-steel food and water dishes.
Due to the close contact that our work requires, we have taken additional measures to protect you and our team while providing care for your furry family members.
Last updated: Tuesday, May 19, 2020
1. We are currently operating a “closed waiting room” policy to protect our clients and staff. When you arrive, please remain in your vehicle and use your cell phone to call us at 613-544-7387. We will take a history from outside of your vehicle, and bring your pet into the clinic for an examination with the veterinarian. We will then return to your vehicle with your pet to discuss our recommended treatment plan. If you do not have a cell phone please knock our door to let us know you have arrived and then return to your vehicle.
2. We can now see all cases by appointment only.
3. We are still OPEN with the following hours: Monday to Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm.
4. If you are ordering food or medications, please allow 3-5 business days as our suppliers are dealing with increased demand and are trying to fill orders as quickly as possible. We will advise you as soon as your order arrives. Please call us when you arrive to pick up your order, but do not enter the hospital. Our staff will bring your order to your car and take payment over the phone. You can also use our online store and have your food delivered directly to your home. To sign up for the online store, visit our website.
5. For the time being, we are not accepting cash as payment. Credit cards and debit card payments are still available.
Online consultations are now available! If you wish to connect with a veterinarian via message, phone or video, visit our website and follow the "Online Consultation" link.
Following the recommendations of our government and medical experts, we are doing our best to practice social distancing within the constraints of our roles. As such, we have taken measures to avoid both contracting and facilitating the spread of this virus.
Thank you for helping us be diligent for everyone's safety. As we have heard from all levels of government, the situation is fluid and any updates will be provided as changes occur.
- Your dedicated team at Barriefield Animal Hospital